AEP Texas Central Electricity Rates* Estimated rate for a 1000 kWh monthly usage for AEP TEXAS CENTRAL TDU customers only. Please check the Terms of Service and Electricity Data Label of the plan to confirm this data. Last rate update: 12/03/2023, 22:23 PM CST.
AEP Texas Central Outage Map
Remember to unplug electronics, avoid downed power lines, and use flashlights instead of candles for safety.
AEP Texas Central Service Area Map
AEP Texas Central provides service to South Texas, including major cities such as Corpus Christi, Laredo, McAllen, and Harlingen. They deliver electricity to over 1 million residential and commercial customers throughout their service area.
Click on the dots representing the cities to learn more about deregulation in each city!
Interested in more options? Check out our dedicated page to find a complete list of Texas cities with deregulated energy markets.
Which Providers Are Available in the AEP Texas Central Service Area?
Numerous retail electric providers (REPs) operate within AEP Texas Central's service area, including:
What Types of Plans Are Available in the AEP Texas Central Service Area?
Customers in the AEP Texas Central service area can choose from various types of plans, such as:
- Fixed-rate plans: Secure a consistent electricity rate throughout your contract, typically 12, 24, or 36 months.
- Variable-rate plans: Benefit from fluctuating rates based on market conditions, potentially saving during low-demand periods.
- Indexed plans: Enjoy rates tied to a specific market index, offering potential savings when the index is low.
- Prepaid plans: Pay for electricity upfront with no deposit or credit check required.
- Green energy plans: Support renewable energy sources, including wind and solar, by selecting plans with a higher percentage of renewables.
AEP Texas Central Delivery Charges
AEP Texas Central's delivery charges are fees you pay for the transmission and distribution of electricity to your home or business. These charges are separate from your retail electric provider's (REP) charges, which cover the actual electricity usage.
The current delivery charges consist of a fixed charge of $4.79 per month and a variable charge of 5.5226¢ per kWh, based on your monthly electricity usage. These charges help AEP Texas Central maintain and upgrade the electrical grid and infrastructure in their service area, ensuring a reliable and efficient power supply to consumers.
It's essential to understand that these delivery charges are billed through your REP but are set twice a year by AEP Texas Central and the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT).